Animal Welfare Information Center
The Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC) is mandated by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) to provide information for improved animal care and use in research, testing, and teaching.
- Environmental Enrichment For Nonhuman Primates Resource Guide - 2021 (PDF) . USDA. NAL. Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC). Updated bibliography on environmental enrichment, social housing, training, and abnormal behavior in nonhuman primates.
- AWIC Database Search Operator Reference Guide (PDF). USDA. NAL. Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC). This guide shows you how to use specific proximity, truncation, and Boolean operators to search Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed, and other popular databases.
- Alternatives Literature Search Request Form (PDF). USDA. NAL. Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC). AWIC released a new request form to use when submitting a literature search request to the AWIC team.
- Paint Your Pet’s Behavior. USDA. NAL. Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC). AWIC partnered with the USDA Agricultural Research Service’s (ARS) AgLab team to provide kids and teens with a creative way to learn about different animal behaviors through drawing and painting!
- Pet Behavior Matching Game. USDA. NAL. Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC). In collaboration with USDA Agricultural Research Service’s (ARS) AgLab team, AWIC created an interactive card matching/memory game for kids and teens to learn about the behaviors of animals they might interact with in their daily lives.
- Research Involving Free-living Wild Animals in Their Natural Habitat (PDF), USDA. Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS). This tech note is intended to assist an Institutional Animal Use and Care Committee (IACUC) in determining whether an activity involving free-living wild animals in their natural habitat meets the regulatory definition of “field study.”